St. Louis TPO Roofing
Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) single-ply roofing membranes are among the fastest growing roofing products. TPO is a roofing system which welds plastic sheets into a single sheet consisting of three layers: a polymer base, polyester fabric center, and a thermoplastic polyolefin top. This roofing is ideal for big box and small roofs. We offer TPO in 45 mil and 60 mil thickness.
Benefits of a TPO Roof:
- Very durable and resistant to tears, punctures, and impacts.
- TPO is also known for their thermal resistance, allowing owners to dramatically lower heating and cooling costs.
- Good cold air flexibility.
- Long warranties.
- Cost effective.
- Environmentally friendly.
One should consider the following when thinking about installing a TPO roof:
- TPO Manufacturing Experience: TPO should be made by a manufacturer that has at least ten years of experience
- Air Conditioning Cost Reduction: To maximize the efficiency of your air conditioning system and reduce cooling costs, make sure the installed TPO has met Energy Stars basic three-year requirements. It is advised that TPO roofing be colored white to reflect the UV rays which cause heat and surface damage.
- Damage and Water Resistance: TPO with a high level of damage resistance is necessary for the sustainability of the roof. TPO roof should be able to handle 60 days and 276 degree temperatures without showing damage and be resistant to tears and impact.
- Smooth surfaces:TPO roofing should be smooth and reflective while repelling dirt to minimize the aging process, increasing the longevity of your TPO roof
- Welding: TPO roofing systems require that the sheets are welded together to ensure that your roof doesn’t suffer from cracks, leaks, or breaks.
- Number of Mils: A TPO roof with more thickness, measured in mils, is optimal for decreasing weather damage and UV rays. Twelve mils is the average thickness but Rely Roofing provides 45 to 60 mil thickness.
- Waterproofing: It is important to make sure that all objects existing through the PTO roof are waterproofed using materials that are designed for your roofing system.
- Warranties: Making sure your roof stays durable for as long as possible is critical so to ensure it includes a warranty. Rely Roofing offers warranties that last a long time.
TPO is a smart choice for your roofing option because it is built for energy efficiency, durability, cost, and recyclability. It is designed to reflect UV rays to minimize the heat on the roof and inside the building. TPO is additionally resistant to algae, bacteria, and debris because the roof is made up of strong seams that are welded together. TPO is considered a type of green roofing that is formed using chlorine-free polymer while being completely recyclable. When recycled, these TPO roofs are often reused to make new roof membranes.
A few things should be thought about when purchasing a TPO roof. These included manufacturing quality, energy efficiency, and durability. It is important to look into every manufacturer of TPO because some have only been in the business for a couple years. The best manufacturers of TPO will be a business that has been in the TPO business for more than ten years and remain up to ASTM standards. In terms of energy efficiency, white or light colors are the most efficient in saving energy while providing for maximum cooling. As for durability, thicker membranes such as 60 mils thick will do the best in keeping your building maintained in harsh weather.