St. Louis TPO Roofing
Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) single-ply roofing membranes are among the fastest-growing roofing products. TPO is a roofing system that welds plastic sheets into a single sheet consisting of three layers: a polymer base, a polyester fabric center, and a thermoplastic polyolefin top. This roofing is ideal for big box and small roofs. We offer TPO in 45 mil and 60 mil thicknesses.
Benefits of a TPO Roof
- TPO roofs are durable, energy efficient, and cost-effective.
- A TPO roofing system consists of a single ply membrane that is heat-welded together, providing excellent resistance against leaks and punctures.
- The reflective surface of a TPO roof helps reduce heat absorption, making them ideal for hot climates and contributing to energy savings.
- TPO roofs are lightweight yet strong, suitable for both flat and sloped roofs.
- TPO roofs are easy to install, reducing labor costs and installation time.
- The white TPO color provides an aesthetically pleasing appearance and contributes to energy efficiency.
- TPO roofs have a long lifespan, requiring minimal maintenance and providing excellent value for the investment.
- TPO roofing is a popular choice for a commercial building due to its affordability, durability, and resistance to common roofing problems.
One should consider the following when thinking about installing a TPO roof:
- TPO Manufacturing Experience: It is important to choose a TPO roofing manufacturer with at least ten years of experience to ensure quality and expertise in the production process.
- Air Conditioning Cost Reduction: Installing TPO roofing that meets Energy Star’s basic three-year requirements helps maximize the efficiency of your air conditioning system, reducing cooling costs. Opting for white TPO roofing reflects UV rays and minimizes heat absorption and surface damage.
- Damage and Water Resistance: Opt for TPO roofing with a high level of damage resistance, capable of withstanding 60 days of extreme temperatures up to 276 degrees Fahrenheit without showing damage. It should also be tear and impact-resistant to ensure the longevity of your roof.
- Smooth Surfaces: Choose TPO roofing with a smooth and reflective surface that repels dirt, minimizing the aging process and extending the lifespan of your TPO roof.
- Welding: Proper welding of TPO roofing sheets is crucial to prevent cracks, leaks, or breaks in the roof. This ensures the integrity and durability of the roofing system.
- Number of Mils: Optimal TPO roofing thickness, measured in mils, helps decrease weather damage and UV ray exposure. While the average thickness is twelve mils, Rely Roofing provides TPO roofing with a thickness of 45 to 60 mils.
- Waterproofing: Ensure that all objects penetrating the TPO roof are properly waterproofed using suitable materials designed for your specific roofing system, enhancing its waterproofing capabilities.
- Warranties: To guarantee the long-term durability of your roof, it is essential to choose a TPO roofing system that includes a warranty. Rely Roofing offers warranties that provide extended coverage and peace of mind.
TPO is a smart choice for your roofing option because it is built for energy efficiency, durability, cost, and recyclability. It is designed to reflect UV rays to minimize the heat on the roof and inside the building. TPO is additionally resistant to algae, bacteria, and debris because the roof is made up of strong seams that are welded together. TPO is considered a type of green roofing that is formed using chlorine-free polymer while being completely recyclable. When recycled, these TPO roofs are often reused to make new roof membranes.
TPO Roofing For Commercial Buildings
When purchasing a TPO roof for a commercial building or considering a roof replacement, there are several key factors to consider. TPO commercial roofing offers numerous advantages, such as energy efficiency and durability. It is essential to choose the right TPO roofing material, ensuring it meets industry standards and is installed by a reputable roofing service or general contractor. The TPO roof membrane, made of thermoplastic polyolefin, provides excellent insulation and is compatible with other roofing systems like PVC and EPDM. It is important to ensure proper installation, including cover tape and cover board, to enhance the roof’s longevity and protect against leaks. TPO roofing systems consist of a single-ply membrane, offering cost-effective and efficient coverage for commercial roofs. Additionally, TPO roofs are known for their cool roof properties, as they reflect sunlight and improve energy efficiency. Regular roof inspections, following the guidelines of the Cool Roof Rating Council, are crucial to maintaining an energy-efficient and durable TPO roof. Overall, TPO roofing provides a reliable and energy-efficient solution for commercial properties when installed by professionals and maintained properly.
Contact Us Today
Contact Rely Roofing today to schedule a consultation and get a free estimate for your new TPO roofing installation or roof replacement project. Trust our expertise, professionalism, and dedication to delivering exceptional roofing services. Your satisfaction is our top priority!